If you are interested in learning more about our services, you can contact us by phone or e-mail, or by filling out the online form located on the Getting Started page on our website. An OTCES team member will contact you within two business days.
- Occupational Therapy Evaluation
Assessment of fine and gross motor coordination, visual perceptual and visual motor skills, self- care skills, and sensory integration and praxis. The occupational therapist will make recommendations to assist the child to be more successful and independent in the home, school and community.
- Speech Therapy Evaluation
- Direct Individual Occupational Therapy Services
Individualized treatment planning and provision of care.
- Direct Individual Speech Therapy Services
- Group Occupational Therapy Services
- Consultative Services:
On occasion consultations outside of regular treatment sessions are necessary. These may include visits/consultations with teachers, caregivers, or other service providers.
- Environmental Adaptations for Home and School Settings
- Specialized Programs (Interactive Metronome)
Staff at JMU OT-CES are trained to provide individualized programming in Interactive Metronome.
- Community Outreach
JMU OTCES will provide workshops for caregivers and community members, as well as special programs and camps for children. These programs will be based on current needs in the local community.
Areas of development addressed include:
- Play & Socialization
- Sensory Integration
- Organizing and Planning Motor Skills
- Fine Motor Skill Development, including Handwriting Skills
- Visual and Perceptual Motor Development
- Feeding & Oral Motor Functioning
- Self-concept & Self-esteem
- Gross Motor Skill Development & Physical Activity
- Self-Help Skills
At the JMU OTCES we provide services for children of all ages with the following:
- Attention Deficit Disorders (ADHD & ADD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Brachial Plexus Palsy
- Cerebral Palsy
- Developmental Delay
- Down Syndrome
- Learning Disabilities
- Neuromotor Delay
- Sensory Integration Dysfunction/Sensory Processing Disorder
- Upper extremity Orthopedic Conditions (congenital, trauma or burn)