JMU-OTCES is closely monitoring the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation and are working in accordance with VDH, CDC, and JMU guidelines. We hope everyone is staying healthy. There are several initiatives that the OTCES team has also been working on in our effort to stay connected with each of you, and they are summarized below:
Options that are now available include:
- ‘OT to Go!’ Kits: These include supplies and instructions for various activities. There is a different theme each week. They can be picked up at the clinic on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 12 and 2pm. If unable to pick up during those times, please email or call us (540.568.4980) to set up an appointment pick up time! For more information contact us or check the OTCES Facebook page.
- Facebook posts & messages: Please check the OTCES Facebook page frequently.
- Therapist Check-ins: Therapists will check in with you on a regular basis using a mode (phone, email, text, video conference) and frequency that you and your therapist determine works best. These will be brief (~5 min.) with the purpose being to stay connected, exchange updates/important information, and make recommendations for services as needed.
- Therapist consultation: Consultation services include supports that do not qualify as covered direct OT services which may include development of home programs or daily schedules, creating handouts/resources, caregiver support or other things that are specific to your child’s/family’s needs and may require more than 10 minutes of time. These services can be delivered by email or phone. Because consultation services are not considered to be direct therapy, they would not be billable to insurance providers. The cost is $75/hour which can be billed in 15 minute increments (Ex. 15 minute consultation = $18.75). Please talk to you therapist about options that may benefit your child.
- Telehealth: We are able to offer full-service direct therapy services that will be billable to insurance providers (depends on the provider).
- tOol Time: Children will tune in two times a week to engage in various activities that are led by OTCES occupational therapists. Each virtual meeting will be focused around a specific theme and will include a combination of activities that promote physical activity, fine motor development, self-regulation, and “thinking” skills.
We are sorry about the disruption in services and will miss seeing the kids here at the clinic! We are well aware of the complexity of this situation and the challenges it brings to everyone and, it is important to us that we explore all ways that we can support you. We are also committed to you and your child’s health and safety as well as that of the OTCES team members and the larger community. We want to ensure we are doing whatever we can to work towards a global goal of stopping the spread of this virus! Please communicate with your therapist if you have questions or concerns. In addition to notifications from OTCES, your therapist will maintain contact with you as well to discuss options as more information is available.
The JMU-OTCES team cares about your family! Please call 540.568.4980 or email email@example.com if you have any further questions or concerns.
The OTCES Team