All of our groups are designed to support children/youth to successfully engage in the activities that they are involved in everyday such as spending time with friends and family, doing schoolwork, playing, and learning how to be more independent.
Each group is created using an approach that considers the whole child by integrating activities that promote social skills, sensory exploration, motor skills/coordination, emotional/self-regulation, and overall wellbeing while considering the ages and specific needs of each participant.
A variety of themes and interests are incorporated into the weekly sessions such as gardening, cooking, sports exploration, outdoor adventure, art, dance, music and more!
To register for any of these groups or programs please call: 540-568-4980 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLAY WITH PURPOSE:
The goal of Play with Purpose is to provide opportunities for children to engage in guided developmental activities that encourage child and parent interaction including: sensory exploration, movement, and creative play. Play with Purpose also provides opportunities for caregivers to gain support and networking with other caregivers, OTs and other professionals, and Pre-OT students.
When: Wednesdays 10:30am-11:30am (January 17-June 6th 2018)
Cost: $100/20 visitsPlay with Purpose Flyer
Yoga & Mindfulness:
In this fun and engaging 10-week course, children will:
- Learn self-regulating tools, including calming poses, visualizations, and breath work
- Participate in cooperative games to build communication and social skills, while making new friends
- Explore principles of yoga, including gratitude, peace and respect
- Gain confidence while improving coordination, strength, body awareness and balance
- Grow physically, emotionally and socially in a supportive, playful environment
When: Thursday’s 5:45-6:45pm (February 15 - April 26,2018) *No class 3/29
- You Are Sensational!
- Wild Guys!
- The Write Stuff
- Just Right Kids
- Social Skill Play
- Teen Skills
- Creative Cooks
- Playground Skills
- Ready for School! (Kindergarten Readiness Group)
- Skill Builders, ages 3-5 years old
- Getting into Motion for Learning; 3-5 years old
- High Five for Hands! K-3rd grade
- Keep Yourself on Track! K-3rd grade
- Making Connections; 6th-8th grade
- Food for Thought! 7th-12th grade
- Ladies & Gentleman, Start your Engines! 4th & 5th grade
- Special Olympics Young Athletes Program
- Parents and Children Exploring Social Solutions
- Growing Great Girls
- Camp Adventure