All of our groups are designed to support children/youth to successfully engage in the activities that they are involved in everyday such as spending time with friends and family, doing schoolwork, playing, and learning how to be more independent.
Each group is created using an approach that considers the whole child by integrating activities that promote social skills, sensory exploration, motor skills/coordination, emotional/self-regulation, and overall wellbeing while considering the ages and specific needs of each participant.
A variety of themes and interests are incorporated into the weekly sessions such as gardening, cooking, sports exploration, outdoor adventure, art, dance, music and more!
"Play with Purpose"
Ages: Birth through 5 (preschool age)
When: Monday AND Wednesday; 10:00-11:00AM; 10 weeks beginning January 7th – March 13th, 2019
*Participants who are enrolled in Play with Purpose can come to both time slots each week (up to 20 sessions).
Cost: $100 per Punch Card (1 Punch Card= 20 Sessions)
“Little Hands Yoga”
DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM
When: Mondays 9:00-9:45AM March 4th – April 16th (No class 3/25)
What: During this six-week course led by an occupational therapist, parents and children will:
- participate in songs, games, and stories while learning preschooler-friendly yoga poses.
- Children ages 2-4 will have the opportunity to learn new motor and listening skills through repetition and play.
- The children will also have the opportunity to use those little hands each week with crafts in order to promote fine motor development.
- This program is suitable for families with more than one preschooler at home.
"Yoga & Mindfulness”
DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM
When: Thursdays, 5:30 – 6:30 PM February 14th – April 11th. 2019 (No class 3/28)
Cost: $110 per child
What: In this fun and engaging 8 week course children will have the opportunity to:
- Learn self-regulating tools, including calming poses, visualizations, and breath work
- Participate in cooperative games to build communication and social skills, while making new friends
- Explore principles of yoga, including gratitude, peace and respect
- Gain confidence while improving coordination, strength, body awareness and balance
- Grow physically, emotionally and socially in a supportive, playful environment
For more information or to register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 504.568.4980.
- You Are Sensational!
- Play With Purpose
- Yoga & Mindfulness
- Wild Guys!
- The Write Stuff
- Just Right Kids
- Social Skill Play
- Teen Skills
- Creative Cooks
- Playground Skills
- Ready for School! (Kindergarten Readiness Group)
- Skill Builders, ages 3-5 years old
- Getting into Motion for Learning; 3-5 years old
- High Five for Hands! K-3rd grade
- Keep Yourself on Track! K-3rd grade
- Making Connections; 6th-8th grade
- Food for Thought! 7th-12th grade
- Ladies & Gentleman, Start your Engines! 4th & 5th grade
- Special Olympics Young Athletes Program
- Parents and Children Exploring Social Solutions
- Growing Great Girls
- Camp Adventure